[rescue] is anyone running Linux on a rescued UltraSparc?

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Fri Apr 11 14:02:50 CDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 03:05:50PM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 01:56 PM, Kevin Loch wrote:
>
> >>   You
> >> need to download source, patch, compile, install... you get the
> >> picture?
> >

> > What's wrong with that?
>
> A lot.  Especially on an SS4.

Yeah, but if you keep your versions in sync across all the machines,
you just have to do it once and the changes can propagated everywhere.

BTW OpenBSD rocks on the lowend Sparcs I have.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |