[rescue] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Apr 11 02:42:25 CDT 2003

Yes i have used one, i've logged many hours on a dual 1.25
since January and i did a decent amount of work with OSX beta
back in the summer of 2000, although, of course i don't blame
them for issues i had during the beta stages.

I have had no problems with USB either other than the
prohibited symbol at boot time.  But that's enough.

As for the SCSI issue, i can tell most people don't use SCSI
otherwise they would be bitching droves at how much of a PITA
it is to run a terminated cable to the proper location.  The
IDE controller crushed (and destroyed) one of the scsi
connectors on the cable.  Had to buy a slim line terminator
just to make it fit.  But to be fair that has nothing at all
to do with OSX, just hardware design.

And speaking of hardware the gigabyte portion of the NIC is
mostly software based, at least according to Apple Support.
And they do not support Jumbo frames on a normal box, even if
you buy a NIC that does.  They only do Jumbo Frames on an
Xserve, once again this is according to Apple Support.

Paint on your Ti?  I thought they were just plain titanium? I
didn't know they were painted.

/KRM

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/