[rescue] Ton's of free stuff and stuff for sale (last round of my moving sale)

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Thu Apr 10 23:16:30 CDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 05:15:40PM -0600, deanders at pcisys.net wrote:

> unaccelerated video), but I've never had appropriate hardware--and I've
> never really felt like putting together a system specifically to run it.

I put together a PC to run it (this was after the G3 debacle, so I knew
that BeOS wasn't going to be PPC centered anymore).  It was fun, but I
eventually gave up after waiting for years because of the lack of
hardware windowed GL support.

> Getting a Mac would have its advantages; being able to run BeOS on it would
> be nice, but I'd have a pretty hard time finding a system that'd run both
> OS X and BeOS. :)

Err, something like an 8500 with a G3 card should do both.  The tricky
part might be a video card, but I think some Rages were supported by
both on PPC.

> (Well, what I'd *really* like to get is a BeBox, but that's pretty unlikely.)

And expensive.