[rescue] UW-Madison SWAP

wlewis at mailbag.com wlewis at mailbag.com
Thu Apr 10 17:17:30 CDT 2003

> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:26:17 -0500
> From: Brian Dunbar <Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com>
> Subject: [rescue] UW-Madison SWAP
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org

> Anyone here been to UW - Madison surplus store?

I use it regularly. It can have screaming deals (I got a vaxstation 4000-
90/64mb/6gb and a 19" monitor for $50 once and a low end SGI Indy for $20. I
think my PII was $50 and the Alphaserver 300 was $25)

> http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/swap/swap.html
>
> They have 'Sun Ultra 1 Sparc', qty 2 listed @ $50 - $60, for sale to the
> public on Saturday.  Figure that might be worth a 2 hour drive ....

Call them on Friday afternoon and verify that they are still available. They
allow non-profits in on Thursday and many times the good stuff goes then.

They had 2 Ultra 10's recently that I tried to get on a friday but had sold the
day before.