[rescue] Re: Homemade Racks?

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Thu Apr 10 16:45:19 CDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> My problem with Ikea is that no desk I've seen there will hold the weight
> of my monitors.

They sell trestles[1], made of aspen, for about 12UKP each. Get three of
these, and a suitably-sized piece of 25mm MDF. Position like so:

|                **********                 |
| ***            **********             *** |
| ***                                   *** |
| ***                                   *** |
| ***                                   *** |

              (top view)

Job done. That's exactly what I'm using now, in fact. And it's had
a GDM-1962 19" monitor *and* an Ultra 1 with a GDM-20D10 monitor on it,
on top of it for some time now.

Ed.

[1] Called "Artur" - in UK at least.

--
I remember why I started becoming less tolerant, and I think I should strive
to become less tolerant in future. - RobA