[rescue] Re: Homemade Racks?

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Apr 10 13:56:36 CDT 2003

I inherited some commercial shelving from a previous tenant at my office.
It is called Dexion and consists of pieces of thick steel angle cut to
different lengths and bolted together. The angle has a repeating pattern
for the bolts. The shelving is simply untreated plywood that sits on top of
the framing.

It is a good simple system, but because it is designed for fairly permanant
shelving it is a pain to disassemble and move (too many bolts).

However nearly all of the rack stuff in my office actually sits on the
Dexion shelving. I do have a couple of 19" racks in my workshop, but stuff
moves around so much that I can't be bother putting too much into them.
I've got a two post rack for comms and management stuff, a Sun 56" rack
(currently empty), and a fully enclosed Sequent rack (possibly the highest
quality rack I've ever seen).

Regards,

Gavin