[rescue] Homemade Racks?

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Apr 10 12:24:18 CDT 2003

> Since I don't have a single rack-mount anything, though, I'll
> probably wait....

   Neither do I: anything I have goes on a shelf. If I don't say so myself, I
made some great shelves, eight feet wide and two feet deep, out of 2x4s
notched like Lincoln Logs to hold half sheets of plywood. Not fancy --
butt-ugly, in fact -- but they hold a _lot_ of stuff. Someday, I even hope to
have some computer equipment on them -- but these days my time is all spent on
the kids and fixing up the house. (Tonight I have to sand the kitchen walls so
I can patch the woodwork, and then seal and paint it this weekend. And then I
have to replace the floor. And then paint the hallway, and move out so we can
have the floors refinished. Ugh, depressed now...)
   Which reminds me: does anyone have any interest in an Apple 840AV with a
nice SuperMac video card (but no decent monitor)? Or an external 2GB Jaz drive
with carts [that I got from Iomega for answering a survey!]? Or a PowerBook
1400 (with original clear cover planel and dorky paper inserts!) with the
external video card and a big hard drive? I'd probably just trade it/them for
toys, as I've no time for computers at home.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator