[rescue] Price estimate for used raised-floor

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Apr 10 10:22:44 CDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 09:14:20AM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
>    It might be so tough to re-use the floor that it's not worth doing. When we
> moved our Data Center, the old raised flooring was simply thrown away: the
> supports that held up the frame had been bonded to the floor with great blobs
> of some industrial glue. Either the work required to clean them off, or the
> cost of buying new uprights, were deemed barriers to its reuse.

See my earlier post - when you have cheap tech-support labor ("hey, y'all
scrape this crap off these supports when you're not on a call!"), its
doable. 8-)

>    That being said, if it's just for your use and you don't mind buying or
> fabricating whatever parts can't be salvaged, then I'd probably talk to
> whoever is doing the demolition and bring along that beer.

Definitely.  At home, I'm going to be putting down vinyl composite
tile:

http://www.armstrong.com/commflooringna/browse_productcat_dtl.jsp?src=menu&category=vct

Wears like iron, if properly sealed/treated.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net