[rescue] color printer recommendations?

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Thu Apr 10 06:50:20 CDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Michael Schiller wrote:

> While talking about color printers, does anyone know where I can find a
> PPD for an HP Deskjet 1600CM printer? I've searched both the HP and
> Adobe websites, and have found all sorts of PPD files, including the
> one I needed for my 1200C/PS printer, but can't seem to find one
> anywhere for the 1600CM. At the moment I'm using the PPD for the 1200
> on the 1600, and it seems to work OK, but I'm fairly sure it will work
> even better with the proper PPD. Thanks.

According to the copy of CUPS I have installed, there are atleast three on
my system.
HP/DeskJet_1600CM-cdj1600.ppd HP DeskJet 1600CM, Foomatic + cdj1600
HP/DeskJet_1600CM-Postscript.ppd HP DeskJet 1600CM, Foomatic + Postscript
HP/DeskJet_1600CM-stp.ppd" >HP DeskJet 1600CM, Foomatic + stp-4.0 (GIMP-Print)

And a quick check shows that you should be able to get them at
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=cdj1600