[rescue] Top 10 Sun?

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Thu Apr 10 06:20:58 CDT 2003

> On Thursday 10 April 2003 12:00, Steven Hill wrote:
> > The ultra 5 is a festering pile of poo.
>
> Why? You can stuff lots of ram in it, and it is possible to replace the 8bit
> framebuffer with something real ;)

When you have machines like the Ultra 30 in that class...

I don't like the case design.
I don't like PCI boards having to be squeezed in
I don't like having to use low profile RAM, or forgo the floppy drive
assembly to use Ultra-10 RAM in there.

Yeah, another framebuffer makes a difference, as does a SCSI board.
(I ran one as my desktop workstation for ages. -SCSI +PCi) They are not
_useless_ I just wouldn't buy one. Not even for the house.

But to be on the all time best list of sun kit? Nah. I don't think so.

--
Steven Hill

``Neca eos omnes.  Deus suos agnoscet.''