[rescue] Novell Lan WorkPlace - Windows X11 client?

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed Apr 9 23:21:01 CDT 2003

R. Lonstein says ...
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 03:10:35PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> 	[snip]
> > I use Exeed, which works well enough to display remote X apps.
>
> +$0.02
>
> When I needed one, I used X-win32 http://www.starnet.com/. Nice,
> small, moderately priced ($60 for students) and unobtrusive which are
> not things you hear about either Hummingbird or Exceed.

Yes, but those are X servers.  X terminology is backwards; the "server" is
the part you look at, the "client" is the part that runs on the host.

The OP was talking about an X client for Windows ... i.e. something that
runs on a Windows machine and allows you to have access to it remotely,
viewing it through an X server like Hummingbird, X-Win32, Xfree86-Cygwin,
etc.

At least that's the way I think it works, and the terminology for it!

-Shel