[rescue] color printer recommendations?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Apr 9 22:01:18 CDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 01:48:55PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Eric Dittman wrote:
>
> > I really think this is probably most attractive for
> > work groups that can't get corporate to fork out the
> > capital expense money for buying a color laser, but
> > can charge $200 or so per month to overhead.
>
> This is what makes the 860DP a particularly nice printer.  It's not
> laser.  It's wax-transfer.

Ummm...   this, by you, is a good thing?

Wax transfer means you can't print double-sided, you can't write on the
output, and god help you if your nice handouts get warm in the car on
the way to your meeting (or your admin assistant accidentally leaves
them on top of the photocopier).  Among other things.