[rescue] color printer recommendations?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 9 13:43:44 CDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> What if you actually use that much color ink though.  Then is it a good
> deal, or are their ink prices so bad that it's cheaper to outright buy a
> printer and get cheaper ink?

I'm sure there's a midpoint somewhere.  I you use too little ink, you're
paying for ink you're not using.  If you use too much, you're paying way
more for ink than you would've for the printer plus 3rd-party ink.  I
didn't sit down and do the math, but there has to be a happy medium
somewhere.

$employer got thoroughly shafted over it, though.  Not surprising, given
his level of economic clue[0].

[0] "Hey!  I've got an idea!  We'll roll out a techo-themed `cybershop'
    that serves expensive coffee and lets people use the Internet in
    the middle of a cotton-farming town that already has RoadRunner
    cable access!"
--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  Q:  What do you call the hum of a rack of Apple
Thorndale, TX      (*      XServes?