[rescue] color printer recommendations?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 9 13:30:56 CDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Steve Haavik wrote:

> I really like the Phaser 860 we have at work. The only problem we've had
> was when the feed roller on the extra paper tray broke. Of course the
> color ink seems kind of pricey to me, but at least they give away the
> black ink.

Oh, that deal.

They'll give you the black ink AND the printer "for free", but you have
to buy the color ink from them.  Problem is that they charge double what
you normally pay, and if you don't buy enough of it, they'll just charge
you $200 or $300 a month.

A previous employer of mine bought into that "deal".  The 860DP is nice
printer, but not $2400/year nice.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  Q:  What do you call the hum of a rack of Apple
Thorndale, TX      (*      XServes?