[rescue] SGI Systems available

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Apr 9 12:28:17 CDT 2003

Gerhard Lenerz <mail at g-lenerz.de> wrote:

>   As far as I know the the hardware 3D engines are used as soon as
>   they are present. My bet is that R5K/XZ is nice (in quite relative
>   terms) when doing light 3D stuff with a small amount of textures, as
>   3D would be done on the graphics board while texture calculations
>   could be done on the CPU (but I might be terribly wrong here).

I've lost the URL, but someone actually did testing and the XS equipped R5k
stomped an XZ R5k in all manner of 3D and 2D applications.  You'd think it
wouldn't but it does.  However, an XZ in a R4400 or R4600 Indy would be
rather nice.

--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."