[rescue] axil 245

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Apr 8 16:29:40 CDT 2003

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Cooper, Malcolm wrote:

> 	We've got an Axil 245  (SS5 clone) with a dead PSU. So we can run
> the unit for a few months using an external PSU, can anyone let me have a
> pinout diagram for the power supply connector on the motherboard?

The power connector is the same type as the SS1/1+/2.  If you don't have
a powersupply for one of them to hack the connector off of, Digi-Key has
the connectors for $0.84/ea in individual quantities.  It's the
"Mini-Fit, Jr. Series 12 pin Receptacle Housing".

Pinouts (these are the pinouts looking into the motherboard connector,
_not_ the powersupply connector!):

J1401:  Motherboard power connector.  Pin #1 is right next to the "J1401"
        silkscreening.  Note that this is the view of the connector on the
        motherboard from above.  Diagram:

                 _____
 _______________|     |_______________
|  ___   ___   ___   ___   ___   ___  |
| |12 | |10 | | 8 | | 6 | | 4 | | 2 | |
| |___|  \_/   \_/  |___| |___|  \_/  |
|  ___   ___   ___   ___   ___   ___  |
| |11 | | 9 | | 7 | | 5 | | 3 | | 1 | |
|  \_/  |___| |___|  \_/   \_/  |___| |
|_____________________________________|

Pins:
   1: +12 (yellow)
   2: NC
   3: -12 (white)
   4: GND (black)
   5: +5  (red)
   6: GND (black)
   7: +5  (red)
   8: GND (black)
   9: +5  (red)
  10: +5  (orange)
  11: NC
  12: +5  (blue)

One of either the orange or blue lines is "power OK".  If your powersupply
"clicks" on a split second after poweron, you shouldn't need to worry
about it.  IPC/IPX powersupplies do, SS1/1+/2 powersupplies don't, most PC
powersupplies do.

Hope this helps.

-James