[rescue] DLT2000/4000 "loader only"?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 8 13:02:50 CDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 01:16:01PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   I have a couple of "loader only" DLT drives here, and their doors are
> intact.
>   The plot thickens.
>       -Dave

We've got DLT-7K drives in two libraries (one Breece Hill Q7, and one huge
StorageTek library) that have mechanisms so that what is normally done by
the "flap" by hand, that lever is turned via a rod going into the side of
the drive (on the right-hand side).  So, a motor/mechanism does the "locking"
and "unlocking" of the tape, rather than a hand hitting a flap on the
front of the drive.

bill

--
bill bradford