[rescue] UPS batteries, west coast

phoetoid phoetoid at pyrospheric.net
Sun Apr 6 22:42:27 CDT 2003

On kind of a side note to this, if you ever want to EXPAND the capacity
of the backup..you can use a couple of deep cycle marine batteries
connected in place of the regular ups' batteries. I have three UPS
1000's with this setup, and they will run 5 servers for well over 6
hours...but then the batteries have to be trickle charged back to full
capacity...but its a lot of uptime. You can also do it with the smaller
ones too, using lawn mower, or motorcycle batteries, just as long as you
have two of them again. Just my 2 cents
Charlie Richards - phoetoid at pyrospheric.net   [ www.pyrospheric.net ][
www.unixforums.net [ www.bsdvault.net ]