[rescue] Do the SS5/70 and SS10/SM61 have the same SCSI bus speed?

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sun Apr 6 21:28:15 CDT 2003

I have an external narrow SCSI array.

I set it to be ID 3, then booted off it and installed OpenBSD 3.2 on
it.

Then I installed some benchmarking tools and did some disk benchmarks.

Oddly, the SS5/70 seemed to pull better numbers, yet the SS10/SM61
would appear by most accounts to be the better CPU; and the SCSI
implementation is the same speed, right?

Any ideas?

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |