[rescue] Storage Edge Purchase

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Apr 5 20:34:58 CST 2003

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 05:15:31PM -0800, ftg wrote:
> Well the guy told me.. take all 4 D1000's and get 50% off.
> So I did.. hmm now to get a differential RAID Controller..
> Any suggestions for PC/PCI SPARC/PCI  Differential Raid ?
>
> Any suggestions for differential RAID?

The older BusLogic 958D (d for diff) are good SCSI controllers.  You
could go with software RAID - though in that case I would buy and use
at least 2 controllers and spread the data across 2 SCSI buses.

The BT958D is well supported under the free OSes as well.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |