[rescue] Lost Password

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Apr 3 18:07:34 CST 2003

Ummm... there isn't any way to do this from the OpenBOOT ROM....

But since it is SunOS 4.x, just interrupt the boot, and boot with
the -s paramter (b -s).

That will boot single user... then make sure / is mounted read/write...
if not, then mount -o remount,rw / should do the trick.  Then depending
on if you want to use vi, etc you may need to fsck and mount /usr.

After fixing up the /etc/passwd file, sync and reboot.

-- Curt