[rescue] Lunchbox Floppy Bays (was RE: ultra purchases)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed Apr 2 10:22:50 CST 2003

A propos of purchasing Ultras and upgrading them, Joshua D. Boyd said ...
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:46:12PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> >
> > That should probably be clarified as ``The U1 will take two 1" drives or
> > one 1" and one 1.6" drive.''
>
> To clarify further, you in fact can put in 2 1.6" harddrives if you
> mount one of them in the CD-ROM bay, which is what I did.

Which brings up a question ... is it feasible to mount another SCSI device
in the otherwise-unused floppy bay of an LX/Classic lunchbox?  I was
thinking of either a second HD or, after hacking the case, a DDS tape drive.
I realize heat would be a concern with the HD, but I'm thinking that modern
drives produce less of it than the ones that came in the LX ....

-Shel