[rescue] HP Laser printer

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Apr 2 00:56:06 CST 2003

Likely the 14 tooth (I think it's 14 tooth) gear on the fuser roller has
stripped.  Very common.

Easiest is to replace the fuser assembly if this is the case.  However,
the 14 tooth gear is available, and would obviously be cheaper to replace.

I like working on these printers.... they are easy to work on, parts are
plentiful and cheap, and toner is cheap for them too..... not to mention
they are tanks.  Only problem is they aren't speedy.

The most common things I've seen on the SX engine printers (like this one)
are the 14 tooth gear on the fuser and the paper pickup roller.

If it's the gear, it should be pretty easy to spot... you can probably
spot it without even removing the fuser assembly (which can be removed by
4 screws).  Open it up, take out the toner cartridge, and inspect all the
plastic gears you can see....  if it is the 14 tooth gear, it won't
resemble a gear anymore... just a worn plastic "circle".

-- Curt