[rescue] FS: DEC VT1200+VRE01, Ultra 60

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Sep 30 20:51:50 CDT 2002

Hi folks,

Got a couple of items for sale to good homes, as part of my migration
fundraising effort.

First, I bought this DEC VT1200 combo from Bill a couple of months ago but
will probably be able to use the money more than the terminal. As Bill
wrote in July:

> I've got a DEC VT1200 X terminal (also can be a 2-port serial terminal
> at the same time; just open multiple windows) with DEC VRE01 19"
> monochrome flat panel orange plasma display for sale or trade.

> FS for $125 plus shipping (due to the rarity/coolness factor of the
> VRE01 display, which sold for $9K in '91), or will trade for a 7200RPM
> 60G (or larger) IDE hard drive.  Will consider other trades as well;
> just email me.

My trade list is miniscule, but if you have something unbelievably
tempting, feel free to suggest. Otherwise, I'm looking for $175 shipped
for this, or $125 picked up in Austin TX.

Also, as much as I hate to consider unloading such a sweet desktop
machine, I'm offering my Ultra 60 to a respectable offer and good home.

	2x X1195A 450MHz/4MB CPU
	2GB RAM (16x 128MB DIMM)
	9GB disk with Solaris 9 installed
	2x Elite3d-m3 frame buffer
	300MHz SunPCi card with SunPCi software loaded.
	Type 5 or 6 Sun keyboard and mouse, or PS/2 adapter

Can't get a much beefier U60, and when I put it together over the summer
Sun was listing it at $17k. I'd love to get a respectable but reasonable
fraction of that.

I'd prefer not to part it out, and because of the nature of my upcoming
months the only trade I'd consider is 6 months inclusive rent for a
residence within 5 hours drive of mile marker 0 in Key West, Florida
(that's one hour range of Miami). :)

I have various other sun4m systems, and a 4u AXi machine, that I'd
entertain smaller offers for. Also, an Alphastation 600, SPARCstation
1000E well-stocked, two Netapp F330 heads, and possibly an Extreme
Summit24 rackmount switch.

Contact me offlist if you're seriously interested in any of this.

--Rob