[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Mon Sep 30 18:37:45 CDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:35:51 +1000
Robert Rose <rr at rits.com.au> wrote:

> On a similar note, I'm wondering if people remember the first real
> computer they saw and thought "gawd, that's nice".  I think for me it
> was a Sun4/690.
>
> Rob.

Any computer that has to be turned on with a key has a place in my
collection :-)  I have a 690 MP, unfortunately it is stored without
temperature regulation, so I am sure when I get a place to fire it up
the Diff SCSI disks will be dead.  But I do have the boards and such
stored in the house so they won't die of temperature cycles.  I am just
hoping the electrolytic caps in the power supply come through all right.

Tim