[rescue] SGI tidbits

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Sep 29 22:02:12 CDT 2002

On Sunday, September 29, 2002, at 09:29 PM, Tim H. wrote:
> For the same reason it takes 2 minutes to load on a P166, the program
> is
> a hog with a lot of baggage.  To be honest, the only two things mozilla
> has over IE are lots of platforms and Microsoft.  Performance and
> stability are really no better, and standards compliance is not great
> either.

   While I agree on most of these points, I have to speak up about
stability.  I've not seen Mozilla crash (and I *BEAT* on web
browsers...all day, every day) since something like v0.9.

   Nowadays I use Chimera (a very good gecko-based MacOS X browser)
which kicks the shit out of Mozilla in everything but kitchen-sink
features, but I still keep Mozilla around in case of problems, as
Chimera is only now at v0.5.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "PC users only know two 'solutions'...
St. Petersburg, FL             reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan