[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Sep 29 19:57:59 CDT 2002

On Sunday, September 29, 2002, at 08:53 PM, kamakazi wrote:
> Now that I have one, and get to admire it in person, I think the
> gunmetal blue of my "new" AlphaServer 800 5/333 is the nicest color I
> have seen for a computer, displacing the indigo Indigo.  I also like
> the
> way the smoked plastic covering the drive activity indicators is let
> into the front door.

   The AS800 is a very sweet machine all around.  I've been using one as
a fileserver (also a 5/333, NetBSD, about 350GB of FC-AL disks, FDDI)
for some time.  It kicks all sorts of ass.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "PC users only know two 'solutions'...
St. Petersburg, FL             reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan