[rescue] ATMmmming

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sat Sep 28 22:19:48 CDT 2002

> the alpha's a 300mhz and it has uhm I belive 168mb ram in it...
> run's quite nice as database server right now.... paid $20 bucks
> for it ....
> just if I could find out why the machine at random some times
> reboot's I would be happy.... (and figure out how it boot's by
> itselfe)
> if you know what I have to set to boot from dka100

I would guess that it boots by itself due to the settings of
the SRM variables.  As to why it reboots itself, post a list
of the SRM variables, the OS you are using, the cards you have
installed, and the speed of the memory you are using and that
may point to the reason.

That may sound like a lot of information to provide at first,
but some of the SRM variables need to be set differently
depending on the OS and cards.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net