[rescue] place available for rent

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Sep 26 13:02:23 CDT 2002

   Hi folks.  My apologies if you receive this more than once.

   I have a waterfront duplex on Treasure Island, FL, about five miles
from my place in St. Petersburg.  Our very own Sridhar lives in one
half, and my mom lives in the other half.  My mom will be moving out
soon (she just bought a house with her boyfriend), and the place will
be available for rent starting November 1.

   It's about 1000 square feet (maybe a tad more) and consists of two
bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen, dining area, and living room.  It's
got original terrazzo floors, and a very nice, recently renovated
kitchen.  There is a carport and a large driveway, space for three or
maybe four vehicles.  There are full storm shutters on the windward
side of the house to protect the VERY LARGE sliding glass door that
opens from the living room to the patio/yard/dock area.  There's a
grapefruit tree, two persian lime trees, and a [dying] banana tree on
the property for your dining pleasure.

   It's on the intracoastal waterway on a dredged channel with a dock
suitable for both boat mooring (space for two large and one small boat)
and fishing.  Rental includes full dock privileges, though I'd like to
keep one side of it open if possible.  There's also a public boat ramp
a few blocks away.

   There's a public beach (Gulf of Mexico) within five minutes' walking
distance (about two blocks away), and three others (St. Pete Beach,
Madeira Beach, and one of the Clearwater park beaches) within ten
minutes' drive.  Gulf access from the dock is via John's Pass
(sailboats ok, it's a drawbridge) which is about ten minutes away at
no-wake speeds.

   I own this house, so it's geek-friendly.  The rent will be
$1050/month, with a lease term of 6 or 12 months.  I can't afford to
have this place empty for more than a month at most, so email me soon
if you're interested.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Dammit, now I wants me some
St. Petersburg, FL             livers 'n gizzards."    -Bill Bradford