[rescue] SGI O2 query

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Sep 23 20:11:46 CDT 2002

Marc Mirza <marcm at spri.levels.unisa.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi  all,
> 	I've got a couple of quick questions about the SGI O2:
> 1/ Does a multisync VGA monitor work on an O2 (the O2 has the usual
> HD15 VGA connector)

Yes.  I used an Iiyama Vision Master Pro before getting a SGI 20"
monitor.  Worked fine.

> 2/ With no RAM installed should the O2 still display a message or does
> the lack of RAM hang the machine?

Dunno, but I suspect that RAM would be needed to do anything useful.

> 3/ What type of SCSI disk does the O2 take?

Just about anything with an 80-pin SCA connector.  Pop a disk into the
sled and it'll go right in.

--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie