[rescue] Converting a 911

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 22 12:10:36 CDT 2002

Robert,

I take it your interest is really in gutting the wiring and installing
a 4-way 68 pin wiring harness?

I would think a more reaonable approach would be to use 68 to 50 pin
adapters, but then you lose that "wide" SCSI... By the time you gut and
re-wire the 911, you might be better off (time/effort involved) in
getting the right case (one that can handle 4x 68 pin drives, or 4x SCA
(depending on what you have lying around)...

I have a 4x 2 Gig Seagate 911 case, it is *quite* loud - if I locate
low-cost SCA->50 Pin adaptes, I would consider dropping some cheap SCA
drive in instead, but retain the existing 50 cabling...

Lionel

--- Robert Rose <rr at rits.com.au> wrote:
> I picked up a  911 case (the one that takes 4 x 3.5" disks ) full of
> 1.05GB's from auction recently and was thinking of ditching the
> existing disks and sticking in some 68 pin 9GB disks.  Has anyone
> managed to convert a 911 case to Wide SCSI that can give me the
> benefit of their experience?

=====
Lionel

http://sbc.yahoo.com