[rescue] Sun bugid access?

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Sat Sep 21 21:40:56 CDT 2002

[ On Saturday, September 21, 2002 at 19:21:46 (-0500), Jonathan C. Patschke wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Sun bugid access?
>
> On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
> > I should probably try to find a copy of the SPARC Architecture Manual....
>
> The canonical place to get the current manuals is here:
>
> http://www.sparc.com/standards.html
>
> They don't have the v7 manual posted there anymore, but there's an
> unofficial mirror of it here:
>
> http://polaris.dit.upm.es/~ork/documents/sparcv7.pdf

Hmmm!!!!  Thanks!

I was thinking more of this one though:

   The SPARC Architecture Manual: Version 7. Sun Technical Report, Part
   No. 800-1399-08, Sun microsystems Inc., 22 October 1987.

It's been out of print for a long time now though, and I've been unable
to find any online copy.

I suppose even the V8 edition (ISBN 0-13-825001-4) would be better than
nothing....

AH!  I do have that one -- in PDF form, and it's available on sparc.com.

But of course on reading Appendix I (ASI assignments) now I find that
what I really need are the details specific to the implementation,
i.e. what's in:

	MB86900 RISC Processor Architecture Manual, Fujitsu

and any related documents....

The last time I needed ancient Fujitsu docs (An Eagle hardware manual) I
called the local Toronto office and was able to get a free copy from one
of the repair guys, but that was about seven years ago or more.....

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>