[rescue] Anyone here familiar with 10Base36 ?!?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Sep 21 13:12:44 CDT 2002

On Saturday, September 21, 2002, at 01:43 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> a friend of mine is in an area where he can't use wireless, but wants
> to connect his house to a house about 1500 feet away.  The are he is
> in is tropical, so he wants to have something sturdy.
>
> I suggested 10Base5 with 2 repeaters to cover the distance, but came
> across a sketchy description of "10Base36" which gives up to 3600 feet
> without repeaters.
>
> Anyone know about this, or ever worked with it?  I suppose 10BaseFL is
> also an option but am not sure how well shielded fiber is against
> moisture, etc.

   Can't tell you anything about 10base36...but you definitely want
fiber for this job...either 10baseFL or FDDI.  Isolation is your friend.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                      "Dammit, now I wants me some
St. Petersburg, FL                  livers 'n gizzards."    -Bill