[rescue] Tape Backup

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed Sep 18 09:28:14 CDT 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:16:36 +0300 (IDT)
"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at bfr.co.il> wrote:

> > Of course, the SGI seems to have another problem in this regard, as
> > IRIX's CD player application won't play CDs, either, regardless of
> > the CD-ROM drive I use.  I haven't had time to chase down the
> > problems.

The CD player in Irix 6.5 is broken, it uses some obscure scsi calls or
some such that most CD drives do not support.  I'm not sure if it is
nonstandard scsi, or if it just scsi that almost nobody implemented.  I
haven't bothered fixing mine, but I know a guy who did, and if he is
paying attention to the list he might jump in and enlighten everyone.

Tim