[rescue] SGI indigo2 boot problem

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Sun Sep 15 09:12:23 CDT 2002

Hi,

[about my sparc5 posting: I now have working sparc 5 memory, which is
indeed incompatible with powermac memory although it physically fits]

I have just gotten an SGI Indigo2 Extreme. It has one board in it, which
I am told is an extreme graphics board. I have put in 4 SIMMs in bank 1
but the system won't boot.

The error I get is:

Exception: <vector=Normal>
Status register: 0x30004804<CU1,CU0,IM7,IM4,IPL=???,MODE=LERNEL,EXL,IE>
Cause register: 0xc000<CE=0,IP8,IP7,EXC=INT>
Exception PC: 0xbfc02d54
Interrupt exception
Bus Error ?
Local I/O interrupt register 0: 0x4 <SCSI1>
Local I/O interrupt register 2: 0xca <EISA,SLOT0,SLOT1>

NESTED EXCEPTION #1 at EPC: 9fc3ca30; first exception at PC: bdc02d54

Does this ring a bell with anybody?

Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter at belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"