[rescue] IRIX nfs

jodys at helluin.org jodys at helluin.org
Sun Sep 8 19:15:43 CDT 2002

Well I was able to pick a indy pretty cheap (R4400/200) with most bits
included... except media. The machine does have a fairly fresh install of
6.5.13, but for some reason the nfs packages are not installed. Which makes it
rather hard to use the machine as a workstation (which it does amazingly well
at otherwise).
	So the question is how to remotely mount a file system? The machine
that the indy would be talking to mostly is a Sparc20 running solaris 2.9.
I've so far tried several different things,

a) trying to install DCE/DFS from sgi
	the kernel components of the package seem to conflict with the
	already installed kernel
b) netware
	I'm not finding any free software out there that emulates a
	netware server
c) appleshare
	yet another package that I do not have a license for

Any ideas? I don't know if it's possible to just download the packages
from somewhere or if I need a complete set of media. Any other suggestions
for a way to mount a remote filesystem on irix would be greatly appreciated.

Jody