[rescue] Re: Oh my lord (Sun A5000) -> Carrier Should be Criminal Fraud

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Thu Sep 12 12:16:05 CDT 2002

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>  - no shoe boxes

I've used shoe boxes to ship lighter things.

>  - no "food" boxes (pulled from the dumpster behind the grocery store)

That's where I get boxes if I don't already have one at home.  I don't
pull them out of a dumpster, though.  I do inside to get them.

>  - if a box can be compressed "by hand" without great effort, it must
> be re-packed
>  - no packages where the top or bottom flaps are interlocked w/o tape
> (you know each flap half tucked into another flap
>  - no noise - if I shale it, and I hear anything, you must repack it

No noise is just about impossible sometimes.

> I have seen UPS/FedEx counter folks try and explain the importance of
> each "rule" above, and to a person, the customers never understood why
> they were being so hard on them.

If I am shipping something heavy, or if I don't have the correct size of
box or weak box, I double box it, make crush zones, etc.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA