[rescue] Identifying SGI in picture for interests sake

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Sep 11 01:11:44 CDT 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> I don't know if those Hitachi drives are from HiTechCafe, but I bought 8

Not from there, but they're the same model.

> there for work and so far, 5 have died in less than a month. Thankfully,

*knocks on wood*

I hope you've just got something weird going on over there, because I am
totally relying on these discs (well, aside from my weekly backups to
DLT).  I've been running them for about a year now without a peep of
trouble.

> they ran out of stock, so they are giving us a credit for them. I am
> buying new Seagates instead.

I'm sorry that you had a bad run of luck.  I hope your next storage
purchase goes much better.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)