[rescue] powerbook g4

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 10 19:58:49 CDT 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> Bear in mind that there are actually *three* different models of PowerBook
> G4.

Right.  I don't want the first model, because of how flimsy the cases
are.  I'd -love- an 800MHz PowerBook, but that'll have to wait until I'm
grazing in greener pa$ture$.  I will probably be more than happy with
550MHz.  I'm not generally a huge CPU-thrasher, at least not in a
vertical way, and it'll probably be a while before we see SMP
PowerBooks.

> I get almost five hours, when I have the system set the backlight on "low
> intensity".  I get significantly less, more like a little less than four
> hours, when the intensity is set to full.

That's not bad at all.  I got 3 hours on my previous laptop if I kept
disc and network activity to a minimum and didn't have any audio
playing.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)