[rescue] powerbook g4

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 10 19:37:26 CDT 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Christian J Hedemark wrote:

> FYI this message comes to you from a Powerbook G4.  I'm in love with
> it.  My wife is in love with it.  We're both currently writing books
> and find ourselves fighting over this.

I'm still really trying to decide on a PowerBook G4 550, a PowerBook G3
Pismo, or one of the new iBooks with the larger screen option.  I
primarily use texty applications (XEmacs, vim, Netscape, and occasionally
Microsoft Excel), but I tend to have a lot of windows open, so a lot of
screen real estate is a necessity.

What's the battery life like on the G4?  cNet said they were
disappointed, but their benchmark also involved continuously playing a
DVD, which is not at all like what I'll be doing (although I suppose I
will be hitting the disc for compiles and such).

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)