[rescue] Identifying SGI in picture for interests sake

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 10 18:14:59 CDT 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > All kidding around aside, Windows NT did at one time run on MIPS
> > hardware.
>
> But not SGI Mips hardware.  At least not any public release of NT.

Public release of NT, but not a public release of the SGI hardware.  SGI
had NT 3.5 running on an R4400 Indigo2 that had the necessary system
board and firmware alterations to make it little-endian.  They used some
crappy EISA video card to provide a framebuffer.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)