[rescue] IRIX/SGI opinions of O2 for graphics?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Sep 10 10:48:51 CDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:25:03AM -0700, Gary Nichols wrote:
> Really?  If memory serves, the 320 uses a Cobalt Graphics - correct?

I've heard that Cobalt in the O2 is supported on MIPS Linux, using a
port of XFree that I've never actually seen available.  But I haven't
heard anything about it working on linux on the 320s.

> There is no X support for it?  Hmmm.  Isn't the 320 just a PEE-CEE with
> good throughput?  Should I start lighting up my crackpipe?

I've never heard anything about X support for it.  The 320 is not just a
PC, any more than a DataGeneral is just a PC or a sun 386i is just a
PC.  At least, to my understanding, that is.

--
Joshua D. Boyd