[rescue] Oh my lord (Sun A5000)

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at bfr.co.il
Tue Sep 10 09:06:01 CDT 2002

Aaron Finley wrote:

> I just received 4 Sun A5000 arrays that I bought from
> Chris Atkins. It turns out he shipped them without any
> packaing materials whatsoever, just sitting in the
> boxes, and some parts of them are totally smashed. I
> was hoping to resale some of these and now they're
> totally worthless..

Check with the carrier. While I'm sure there was a clause in the contract
that he agreed to (either by signing or by using them) that absolves them
of any liability, there may be an insurance clause where he claims or
warrants that the items were packed correctly.

Getting a nasty letter from their legal department may be just what he needs
to see. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.