[rescue] compaq LTE286 rescued

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Sep 9 17:04:12 CDT 2002

"Fogg, James" <JFogg at vicinity.com> writes ...

> A friend gave me a working/complete Compaq LTE286 laptop and softside
case.
> This thing is tiny and light.
>
> I have plans to install Telix on DOS. Instant portable terminal!

Yowza!  If you can find it, and have the disk space, Crosstalk Mark 4 would
give you a multi-session portable terminal.  You'd be ablt to connect to as
many hosts as you had serial ports.

I used to have an Olivetti Quaderno that I used for that.  Full '286 DOS
machine in a 2.2 Lb. package that was only 8.5"x11" when folded out flat.
Ran on AA batteries, too.  Very early 'nineties.

-Shel
--
Sheldon T. Hall
shel at cmhc.com