[rescue] FTP problem

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Sun Sep 8 13:44:53 CDT 2002

	I have beat my head against the wall now for 2 days on this. Can
anyone shed some light pretty please with cream and sugar.

	The situation: I have 4 sparc 5 machines running sunos 5.7 that I am
working on. All four allow telnet connections 3 of them allow ftp
connections. I need that fourth one to allow ftp connections also and I
cannot figure out why it does not. It simply rejects all ftp connections
that do not orrigninate from that machine. (in other words that machine can
ftp to itself and no one else can). all have tcp_wrapper installed and I
have compared the hosts.allow and hosts.deny on both and they look exactly
the same. The inetd.conf files on all four appear to be the same. can anyone
shed some light on this and point me to what I may need to look at? I have
searched and searched and cannot figure out the difference between these 4
machines that one of them hates me so.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org