[rescue] U30 Q.. re: 3 1/2" bays

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Sun Sep 8 02:02:24 CDT 2002

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Leslie Connally wrote:

>>SCSI or IDE Zip drive?
>
>Nadine has a point here.

I can't really imagine any circumstances these days where it would
be useful, but 4 or 5 years ago...

>>I have this vague memory that I've seen a 3 1/2" version
>>of a 4mm tape drive in one of those slots on a U30 somewhere...
>
>I did think about this, but the 3 1/2" DATs I;ve seen are taller than these
>bays..(I think)

I am fairly sure that I have seen a DAT in the U-series desktops.
>>PCMCIA card reader, I think.
>
>Hey.. I was _joking_ about the PCMCIA card reader.. really??

Here's one for SBUS:

http://www.scmmicro.com/corporate/p_report.html?release=67&year=1997

There is also one for the Ultra series, but I couldn't find
anything at SCM on it, only at Sun:

http://www.sun.com/io_technologies/pcmcia/pcmcia-index.html

=Nadine=