[rescue] mysterious hard hangs, two different sun4m's

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Wed Sep 4 13:13:03 CDT 2002

>We also got sporadic reports that a WWVB clock we were reselling would
>display the wrong time in downtown Chicago.  We never believed the

Ahh, now this is something I wish they'd fix...add some redundancy (ECC,
Hamming code, parity check bits, whatever) to the WWVB datastream so that
interference would be more easily detectable.  I guess simple sanity
checking (assuming you know about what time it is to begin with) would do
ok too.

newell