[rescue] mysterious hard hangs, two different sun4m's

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Sep 4 07:18:26 CDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 04:20:23AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:24:32AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> > A long time ago I worked with someone who headed up the Dell SVR4 Unix
> > unit.
> > How many of you know that Dell even *had* a version of SVR4 :-)
>
> Which PC maker was it that had a SPARC clone in the early 90s?  I had the

Was that CompuAdd?  They went under about 1994 or 1995 I think.

I could never understand the reasoning that since it was just as good
as a Sun, it should cost the same amount.  Every clone vendor whose
pricing I checked out at that time wanted about ( <Sun list> * 0.95)
for their hardware.

Of course at that time I was a little clueless about how the Unix
market worked - I couldn't understand why the guys at Unix Expo didn't
really want to talk to me when I mentioned I would be buying one
system.

./patrick