[rescue] mysterious hard hangs, two different sun4m's

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Sep 3 21:41:29 CDT 2002

Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:

> problems on the floor, and were fine on the desk.  There's nothing
> near there that i know of that would cause such problems (they're a RV
> manufacturer).  And that's not the only room in that building that has
> strange problems like that.

Friday last week we had a machine that performed differently in three
locations of the office (big loft area).  In one area it failed to boot
entirely, one area it booted but X was all fouled up, and another area
it booted and everything was fine.  The same behavior was reproducable
several times, and the behavior did not migrate from one physical
location to another.  The user was instructed to move thier desk...

--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie