[rescue] FDDI go fast!

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Tue Sep 3 20:15:54 CDT 2002

>There has to be a firmware or driver issue somewhere, I can go faster
>than that with a 10Mbit ethernet card on a quiet network.

   Yeah, me too. I haven't really pursued the matter in much detail once I
discovered that the DEFPAs do the job right. I was originally reserving the
DEFPAs for BSD environments and giving the 3Com cards to Windows boxes
because those were the only drivers available for those cards, but I'm
giving up on that. DEFPAs are actually easier to get than 3Coms, and they're
supported by all the operating systems I want to use, so I'll just be using
them and probably selling the 3Coms.

   --James B.